Culinary uses for sawa-Wasabi
How To Grate Wasabi
Wasabi rhizome finely grated on shark skin grater.
- Rinse the rhizome under cold running water.
- Scrape off any bumps or rough areas along the sides.
- Scrub the rhizome with a stiff brush under cold running water and pat dry.
- Cut the rhizome just below the leaf base.
- Hold the rhizome perpendicularly to the surface of the grater and grate the rhizome using a circular motion. Grate only what will be used within 10 or 15 minutes as the flavour will begin to dissipate within a short period of time.
- If you are using a sharkskin grater, rinse it under cold running water and let it air dry.
Lobster martini using fresh Wasabia japonica. (Photo: Nobu Ochi, Zen Restaurant)
Among our favourite local B.C. restaurants which have featured PCW's fresh
Wasabia japonica are Vancouver's Bishops, Lumiere as
well as Zen Sushi in
both West Vancouver and Whistler. The Banffshire
Club at the Banff Springs hotel in Alberta also features PCW's Wasabia
permitting, fresh product is available at South China Seas Trading on
Nutraceutical uses for real wasabi
Order Wasabi online
We Supply Premium Wasabi Japonica:
Order Fresh Wasabi!
• Culinary & restaurant sector
• Nutraceutical organizations
• Individual orders welcome
• Expedited shipping worldwide
|Wasabia japonica has been, until recently, traditionally used only for culinary purposes.
Questions? Call Us! 604-351-0969